From 2007 to 2011 I was Senior Website Developer at Clario, a website development company based in London specialising in the creation and management of job board websites for the recruitment industry.
During my time there I created bespoke websites for clients and redeveloped the company’s flagship Greatcare Group network of job boards:
- greatcare.co.uk — childcare, nursery, nanny
- greateducation.co.uk — education, training, teaching
- greathealthcare.co.uk — medical, nursing, healthcare
- greatsocialcare.co.uk — social work, care, social housing
The homepage of greatsocialcare.co.uk
These websites featured:
- A customisable job search system for candidates to find jobs, with automatic daily job digests sent by e-mail.
- A CV Broadcast system for candidates to broadcast their CV to multiple recruiters at once.
- A CV Library for recruiters to search for candidates.
- A Content Mangement System (CMS) for candidates, recruiters, account managers and administrators.
- Integration with social media, job aggregators and job posting services such as Broadbean.
- Logging and analytics.
In addition I created childcarenow.co.uk, a place for parents to find childcare free online. This website featured a unique (at the time) ‘search-as-you-type’ function which refined search results as visitors typed or changed search options.
The homepage of childcarenow.co.uk
My duties at Clario included configuring and maintaining the company’s Microsoft Windows web server, Microsoft SQL Server databases, network infrastructure, and the software systems used by account managers.